Friday, March 24, 2023

Getting Ready

 Time to pack!

Thanks to my husband who loves exploring and to my daughter, who is competitive dancer, I travel around the states and Canada a lot. But I haven't been overseas in a loooooooong time. So I visited a few sites to help me prep. Rick Steve's London Guide was a good place to start. Its focus is on tourism, but there is still a lot of great info there. 

Even though we are not planning on any major hiking, my FAVORITE site for expert packing advice comes from REI. I followed all advice except skipping toiletries. I'm not super fancy or high maintenance, but my skin disagrees with this statement.

Flight status: on time

Next step - check in. I recommend, even for domestic travel, to check in to your flight as soon as you are able. My flight leaves tonight at 6:39, I checked in yesterday at 6:40! My boarding pass is already in my apple wallet. It will make life so much easier. 

I arrived to CLE pretty early and breezed through security, so now I have a pretty long wait.



I started writing this at 6:45 am. So I had a decent amount of time open to straighten the house a bit, play with the pups and finish my planning. I have the itinerary completed for the students, but all my evenings are currently open!




So I need to decide between the following for my free evenings:

Phantom of the Opera - this was my first favorite Broadway show, but I've only ever heard the Sarah Brightman version...

Les Miserables - also a favorite. And I feel like I need to see it in person to erase Russel Crowe's Inspector performance from my brain.

The Book of Mormon - I love South Park. So inappropriate, but so much fun. 

and finally, Hamilton. I've seen this in the theater a few times, but it's a favorite. 

Which one would you see? 




I can't wait to get this long flight out of the way and explore Regent's Park before taking a much needed nap.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We're Back Baby!

 Did the Novelty Wear Off? Why did it take me this long to write my first blog post this year? It's not that the novelty wore off, it...